About Me

My photo

Retired archaeologist and governmental tree-hugger. I'm a: United Methodist lay pulpit supply preacher; semi-professional photographer; and poet.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Thou Shalt Not Be a Jerk!



And the Lord spoke to Moses: "Speak to My People: 'Be not jerks, just as I AM not!'"

"'Keep not all the resources of the Earth for yourself, but share them with the poor and the immigrants, just as I shared it with you.'"

"'Do not be a jerk, and stop making stuff up in My Name! Stop taking advantage of people - even your employees. Don't make fun of the disabled, or make life harder for them. You must fight for justice for all, being partial to neither the powerful nor the powerless. Do not tell lies, half-truths, or alternative facts. Do not allow others to suffer for your comfort. Do not hate people, nor take revenge against those who hate you - love each person as much as you love yourself.'"

 ~ I AM, the Lord Your God




(Text after Leviticus 19:1-2 and 9-18; photography by tiwago)

No comments: